Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Psychosomatic And Psycho-Social Treatment

Greetings and welcome. It's been a busy year thus far here at EFT Tapping in Las Vegas. It's a double edged sword so to speak. Meaning, I get to earn a decent living, yet at the same time it means that there are a lot of stressed out people who need assistance. Let's get right to it with a couple definitions in regards to the title of this post.

Psychosomatic means mind (psyche) and body (soma). A psychosomatic disorder is a disease which involves both mind and body. Some physical diseases are thought to be particularly prone to be made worse by mental factors such as stress and anxiety. Your current mental state can affect how bad a physical disease is at any given time. (EFT Tapping in Las Vegas can assist with this!) Psycho-social rehabilitation, and sometimes simplified to psych rehab by providers, is the process of restoration of community functioning and well-being of an individual. (I can assist with this as well with great success!)

Here at EFT Tapping in Las Vegas, both psychosomatic and psycho-social issues are what I work with for the most part. The Mind and Body are One, yet the mind runs the body. Let's discuss an example from a client this past Saturday and see if you can relate.

I spoke to the client on the telephone several days prior to his visit, and he mentioned that he had a very traumatic mental experience back in 2004. Since that time, every time he is 'stressed out' he gets pelvic pain. As my primary employment is as a massage therapist, I told him we can work on trigger points around his pelvic area. At that time I didn't mention EFT Tapping in Las Vegas as I wanted to visit with him first in person.

As the client arrived early we had a chance to have a very long discussion. Please note that I am not a doctor or psychologist, yet what this client presented was a classic case of psychosomatic behavior. (In my amateur opinion.) During this discussion I kept mentioning this 'mental issue' that seemed to keep affecting his physical health. At first he really didn't want to hear much about it or EFT Tapping in Las Vegas; he was here to have me work on his trigger points. Yet, I explained that I worked with both the mind and the body and he was open to that.

During our physical treatment of massage, releasing his trigger points, I was happy to hear that he had ordered and received a favorite book of mine entitled, A Headache in the Pelvis, by David Wise, Ph.D. Thus, in my amateur opinion, he was on the right track. Mr. Wise has an excellent relaxation protocol, one similar to EFT Tapping in Las Vegas, which I think would assist this client a great deal. The client was also in contact with a physical therapist I know who performs internal trigger point therapy which is out of my scope of practice. Kudos to the client!

So, after our session was finished, I explained to the client that most 'physical body maintenance providers,' including myself with massage, address the symptoms, yet seldom get to the cause. (Which often times are stressful thoughts, repetitive movement or behavior.) I mentioned to him that until he gets to the cause of his ailment he may continue to have physical body issues. This opened his mind a bit to EFT Tapping in Las Vegas. He asked me more about it and what the process entailed.

Thus, we spent the remaining ten minutes prior to my next client arriving working on the EFT Tapping in Las Vegas protocol. Afterwards he seemed to feel much better, both mentally and physically. Which worked? The trigger point therapy or the Tapping? I'll say, probably both. I directed the client to further information in regards to EFT Tapping on the Internet and told him I'd offer him a free first session if he really wants to work with the protocol. In my humble opinion, he left our session educated, stress free and physically 'better' than when he arrived. And, that's really all I can ask for.

The main purpose of this post was to demonstrate an attempt to open a clients mind. Many physical ailments are not what they seem to be, especially when we get to the cause of it, not just the symptom. (Which is most often pain by the time they get in to see me.)

Please feel free to contact me for EFT Tapping in Las Vegas, which you can read about further, here: EFT Tapping In Las Vegas. If you are looking for massage, specifically Trigger Point Therapy Las Vegas style with me, visit that page.

As mentioned above, the Mind and Body are One. This isn't the post to go into all the details in regards to how the mind and body work together and how they mirror each other, but if you just think about it for awhile it may begin to come to you. You can also perform a Google search on Mind-Body Coordination.

Have a great day and I'll be writing more soon.



Kristopher Kelley
Personal Performance Coach
9330 Sun City Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV. 89134
(702) 203-5670
kris.kelley@yahoo.com
Medical Massage Summerlin Las Vegas






No comments:

Post a Comment