Thursday, January 22, 2015

Placebo Effect With Dr. Lissa Rankin

I'm a big fan of Dr. Lissa Rankin. In the short video below she covers a lot of (basic) ground in regards to mind over medicine in self healing. She's also a big fan of EFT Tapping in Las Vegas which is a plus as well.

Is there scientific proof we can heal ourselves? Lissa Rankin, MD at TEDxAmericanRiviera

She says, "The placebo effect is concrete evidence that the body has its own innate self repair system."

Now, why is this important to us, here?

Well, it's not really important if you are looking to get out of pain. Yet, people in the healthcare industry get all worked up over 'evidence, 'science,' and 'placebo.' Oh, and let's not forget the elephant in the room, 'self healing.' Why is this such an issue? In my humble opinion of course, it's because if a placebo works, which is a part of self healing, where are all the health care providers and pharmaceutical companies going to make their money?

Please understand that here at EFT Tapping in Las Vegas I'm about making money as well. Yet, do I need to gouge people? I don't think so. Gouging occurs in almost all professions, yet, the healthcare industry is notorious for gouging. I'm sad to say it, but even people performing EFT Tapping in Las Vegas (as well as around the country) are gouging people. What's gouging you ask? Well, charging people $180.00 for 50 minutes is gouging.

Do I think providers need to get a fair price for their work? Of course. Yet, and here's the main point, clients and patients getting results should be priority #1, not the healthcare provider making money. Yet, in every industry, even with EFT Tapping in Las Vegas, this is backwards.

What should the going rate be? Heck if I know. What I DO know is that if you are charging over double the price of the rest of your competitors, you are gouging. I don't care if you have special training from special teacher in whatever it is you do. EFT Tapping in Las Vegas has many forms and many names. It's also been shown and proven that many methods work, and none are 'better' than the others. Thus, why gouge people? I thought you were trying to help them, not line your pockets.

Yes, this post has turned into a rant...so be it. It just works me up when I talk to other providers about what they're doing and the first words out of their mouth are, "Well, I need to drop more money to the bottom line." Eh? I thought the creed you agree to abide by was, "Do no harm, first, or do your best to assist the client." Here at EFT Tapping in Las Vegas with Kris Kelley you won't get gouged. Heck, I've even had clients offer me more money than I charge.

Oh well, rant over. I hope you got the point.

Kristopher Kelley
Northwest Wellness Center
4611 N. Rancho Drive
Las Vegas, Nevada 89130
(702) 203-5670
Medical Massage In Las Vegas
EFT Tapping Las Vegas Protocol

No comments:

Post a Comment